Situated in downtown Toronto's King West Village, Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre is the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute's new, state-of-the-art, long-term care centre. The 128-bed, multi-level centre is located next to Toronto Rehab's Queen Elizabeth Centre, overlooking an outdoor park and gardens.
A residence for those who require long-term care, the centre offers a home-like environment while providing high quality care for its residents.
Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre is committed to providing caring, superior quality and resident-oriented healthcare services to the citizens of our community. Dignity and respect characterize our philosophy of care. We adhere to rigorous standards and regularly assess and adjust our services to ensure they meet our residents' physical, spiritual, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
Working together with family and friends, we encourage active participation and involvement in the care of our residents. At Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre, we encourage and support open communication with families and address concerns with integrity, focusing on achieving customer satisfaction.
Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre is committed to providing care through skilled nursing and medical supervision with empathy, courtesy, respect and dignity. Our interdisciplinary team includes registered nurses, registered practical nurses, personal support workers, activity and therapy aides, a social worker, dietary and environmental staff who provide the care to all residents. An experienced administrative team supports our healthcare staff.
Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre is a partnership between the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and Extendicare. Extendicare has been contracted by Toronto Rehab to design and build the centre, as well as operate, manage and employ the staff. The Toronto Rehabilitation Institute holds the licence and is ultimately responsibility for all aspects of the operation.
We invite you to come for a visit and experience Lakeside Long-Term Care Centre, where Our Caring Hearts Make a Difference.
Programs and Services Include:
- Comprehensive and restorative therapy programs
- Regular outings to points of interest
- Multi-denominational spiritual services
- A variety of recreational and therapeutic programs
Warm and Comfortable Amenities Include:
- Delicious, nutritious meals are served in dining rooms overlooking the landscaped courtyard and nearby children's playground
- A Country kitchen for informal dining and home baking
- A “Celebration” dining room for private family functions
- An interfaith spiritual room
- A bright and spacious beauty salon and barbershop
- Secure outdoor space in the interior courtyard and terraces on upper floors